Truck drivers suspend strike but remain on alert

After an assembly on March 19, 2026, truck drivers decided to suspend the planned strike but remain in a state of strike. They will meet with Minister Guilherme Boulos on March 25 in Brasília to discuss demands. The government issued an MP to reinforce the minimum freight rate.

In a national assembly held on Thursday, March 19, 2026, truck driver leaders decided to suspend the planned strike for that week but maintain a state of strike, as stated by João Paulo Eustasia, president of CNTTL (National Confederation of Transport and Logistics Workers), known as Paulinho do Transporte. He explained that the state of strike means a new assembly could decide on paralysis if demands are not addressed. 'We suspended the strike, but remain in a state of strike. On next Wednesday, the 25th, we secured an agenda with Minister Boulos in Brasília,' Paulinho told VEJA in an interview. Key pending issues include adjusting the minimum freight rate according to the number of truck axles and special retirement for the category, which depends on Congress. The federal government published a Provisional Measure (MP) on the same day via the Ministry of Transportes to enforce the minimum freight rate, with harsher penalties such as suspension or cancellation of company registrations for up to two years in serious cases. Paulinho acknowledged truck drivers linked to political groups trying to foment the strike but emphasized the category's caution, considering economic impacts like those in 2018 and the election year. 'We know we could favor one political side or another if we radicalize with a strike,' he said. Folha de S.Paulo confirmed the meeting with Boulos and the MP advances.

संबंधित लेख

Labor Day rally in São Paulo where workers, unions, and politicians demand an end to the 6x1 schedule and a 40-hour workweek cap.
AI द्वारा उत्पन्न छवि

Government bets on worker pressure to end 6x1 schedule on Labor Day

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया AI द्वारा उत्पन्न छवि

On Labor Day, Lula government ministers called for societal mobilization to pressure Congress to vote on ending the 6x1 schedule. Rallies in São Paulo and Rio gathered workers, unions, and politicians advocating for a 40-hour weekly cap. Chamber president Hugo Motta sped up proceedings by scheduling extra sessions.

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva's government has withdrawn support for a bill regulating deliveries and rides via apps like iFood and Uber, jeopardizing the vote in the Chamber of Deputies scheduled for next week. Deputy Augusto Coutinho's new report removes the minimum fee per trip and proposes a basic pay of R$ 8.50 for deliverers. The move follows negative fallout at the Planalto.

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया

David Estévez, leader of Mexico's National Association of Cargo Truckers (ANTAC), confirmed a high likelihood of strike and highway blockades on April 6, following an initial announcement last week. Citing no concrete progress from ongoing talks on highway insecurity and extortion, Estévez criticized the lack of advances despite dialogue with the Secretariat of Government (Segob), which claims demands are being addressed.

Mexico's National Association of Cargo Truckers (Antac) has called for demonstrations and road blockades in April, following Holy Week, due to a lack of measures against roadside extortions, murders, and disappearances, as well as rising gasoline prices. President David Estévez stated the national strike will occur on April 6. He thanked Segob officials for negotiations but highlighted no concrete progress.

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया

Municipal education workers in Belo Horizonte voted to continue their strike, which has now lasted more than 15 days. The decision came during an assembly attended by around 1,200 people on Thursday afternoon.

Truckers from ANTAC and farmers from the National Front for the Rescue of the Mexican Countryside began a national strike with road blockades in several states on Monday, April 6. They demand better highway security, an end to extortion, and support for low grain prices. President Claudia Sheinbaum stated that the government is addressing their demands and called for dialogue.

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया

Following government subsidy announcements, transport group Piston has initiated a nationwide strike starting Thursday, demanding tax suspensions on fuel, price rollbacks, and a P5 fare hike, as drivers face massive income losses from soaring oil prices.

 

 

 

यह वेबसाइट कुकीज़ का उपयोग करती है

हम अपनी साइट को बेहतर बनाने के लिए विश्लेषण के लिए कुकीज़ का उपयोग करते हैं। अधिक जानकारी के लिए हमारी गोपनीयता नीति पढ़ें।
अस्वीकार करें