변호사, 마르콜레타 기부금 조사 관련 선관위의 무혐의 처분 비판

로단테 마르콜레타 상원의원의 7천5백만 페소 규모 미신고 선거 기부금 조사와 관련해, 재산신고서(SALN) 불만 제기로 복잡했던 사안에서 선거관리위원회(Comelec)가 마르콜레타 의원을 무혐의 처분한 결정에 대해 로물로 마칼린탈 선거 전문 변호사가 비판의 목소리를 높였습니다. 선관위는 관련 공개 규정이 폐지되어 그를 기소할 증거가 없다고 판단하고, 대신 기부자들을 고발할 것을 권고했습니다.

선거관리위원회 정치자금국은 로단테 마르콜레타 상원의원의 7천5백만 페소 미신고 선거 기부금 의혹에 대한 조사를 마무리하며 그에게 어떠한 선거법 위반 혐의도 없다고 결론지었습니다. 이번 결정은 앞서 옴부즈맨이 이첩한 마르콜레타 의원의 재산신고서(SALN) 관련 불만 제기로 복잡해진 사실 확인 조사 이후 나온 것입니다. 선관위는 재산신고서 관련 사안에 대한 관할권이 없습니다.

선관위는 마르콜레타 의원의 기부금 및 지출 명세서(SOCE)상의 기부금에 대해 선거법상의 공개 요건이 폐지되었다는 점을 이유로 들었습니다. 마르콜레타 의원은 관련 판례를 인용하며 해당 자금은 자신이 공식적으로 후보자로 선언되기 전에 받은 것이라고 주장해 왔습니다.

대신 선관위는 마이클 탄 데펜소르, 조셉 바리아스 에스피리투, 아리스토텔 발루윳 비라이 등 기부자들이 선거법 제99조에 따라 선거 후 30일 이내에 기부 보고서를 제출하지 않은 혐의로 고발할 것을 권고했습니다.

3월 22일, 선거 전문 변호사 로물로 마칼린탈은 이번 결정을 두고 '기록에 남을 만한 결정'이라며 강하게 비판했습니다. 그는 '만약 마르콜레타가 자금을 받았을 당시 후보자가 아니었다면, 어떻게 제99조가 기부자들에게 적용될 수 있느냐'고 반문하며 '그것은 사실상 선거 기부금이 아니라 개인적인 선물에 불과했다'고 지적했습니다. 마칼린탈 변호사는 이어 '수령자가 후보자의 정의에 부합하지 않는데 기부자에게만 선택적으로 제99조를 적용할 수는 없다'고 덧붙였습니다.

관련 기사

Ombudsman Remulla firmly announces no recusal from Romualdez flood control scandal probe, with asset freezes and travel bans highlighted.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Remulla: No inhibition in Romualdez flood control case

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla insisted he will not inhibit from the probe linking former House Speaker Martin Romualdez to the flood control scandal. He confirmed a Court of Appeals freeze order on Romualdez's assets and warned of more cases to come. Hold departure orders were also sought against former Senate President Francis Escudero and businessman Maynard Ngu.

A complaint referred by the Office of the Ombudsman has caused a slight complication in the Commission on Elections' handling of issues involving Sen. Rodante Marcoleta’s Statement of Contributions and Expenditures. Comelec Chairman George Garcia said the poll body’s Political Finance and Affairs Department has completed its fact-finding probe and is preparing a recommendation. However, a separate complaint has raised procedural questions on case handling.

AI에 의해 보고됨

House senior deputy minority leader and ML party-list Rep. Leila de Lima said the Commission on Elections should have referred Sen. Rodante Marcoleta’s statement of contributions and expenditures case to the National Bureau of Investigation and Office of the Ombudsman. She noted Comelec absolved him because the offense under Section 109 of the Omnibus Election Code was decriminalized by Republic Act 7166. Still, she said perjury and graft charges could apply.

A Senate ethics complaint against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, seeking a “no work, no pay” sanction for his prolonged absences amid an ICC arrest warrant, is set for dismissal, as the penalty is not in Senate rules, ethics committee chair Sen. JV Ejercito said.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Rep. Leila de Lima and Fr. Flavie Villanueva have filed libel and perjury complaints against 18 former 'Marines' and their lawyer Levi Baligod with the National Bureau of Investigation. The complaints arise from claims that De Lima received suitcases of cash from a fugitive ex-lawmaker. The lawyer has admitted to mistakenly including De Lima's name but continued linking her to the allegations.

Manila 3rd District Rep. Joel Chua said Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) official records raise serious questions about Vice President Sara Duterte's true financial standing. He described her as a billionaire based on these government documents previously beyond public scrutiny. Chua questioned the sources of these funds and their regular receipt.

AI에 의해 보고됨

The House committee on justice resumed impeachment hearings against Vice President Sara Duterte on April 22, 2026—day three—focusing on her alleged unexplained wealth. Lawmakers reviewed SALNs, SEC records, income tax returns, and heard from summoned witnesses including former Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV and AMLC chief Eli Remolona Jr., following key documents obtained on April 21.

 

 

 

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부