AMLC: Zaldy Co got P802-M deposits from Sunwest in malversation case

In the ongoing malversation case against former lawmaker Zaldy Co over anomalous flood control contracts involving Sunwest Incorporated, the prosecution wrapped up its presentation on April 7, 2026, at the Sandiganbayan with Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) testimony revealing P802 million in bank deposits to Co from Sunwest—evidence tying him as its beneficial owner.

The testimony before the Sandiganbayan anti-graft court in Manila bolsters prosecutors' claims of Co's role in the disputed contracts, which previously led to arrest warrants for him and 17 others in November 2025 over a P289.5-million project in Oriental Mindoro.

Rappler's Jairo Bolledo reported from the court. Co's camp has not immediately responded to this development.

This is part of ongoing coverage of the Zaldy Co-Sunwest flood control case.

Artigos relacionados

Acting Justice Secretary Fredderick Vida announces Zaldy Co is no longer in Czech custody but remains in Schengen area, press conference scene.
Imagem gerada por IA

Zaldy Co no longer in Czech custody, DOJ says

Reportado por IA Imagem gerada por IA

Acting Justice Secretary Fredderick Vida announced that former lawmaker Zaldy Co is no longer in Czech custody. He confirmed Co remains within the Schengen area. The hunt continues after an intervention last week.

The Sandiganbayan has upheld its denial of bail for nine co-accused of fugitive lawmaker Zaldy Co in the Oriental Mindoro flood control malversation case, rejecting their motion for reconsideration in a 27-page resolution.

Reportado por IA

The Sandiganbayan Fifth Division has issued a writ of preliminary attachment against 16 properties of former lawmaker Zaldy Co to secure over P215 million in potential civil liabilities from alleged graft and malversation in a flood control project in Naujan, Oriental Mindoro. The decision was promulgated on March 4, 2026, and made public on March 9. Co faces the charges and has been declared a fugitive after leaving the Philippines before the Ombudsman filed the case in November 2025.

Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson said President Marcos will not be spared from the Senate probe into the multibillion-peso flood control scandal if evidence points to him. However, unsworn allegations against the president on social media hold no legal weight. Lacson is preparing a 'Chairman's Progress Report' to resume hearings.

Reportado por IA

Malacañang has asked the public to wait patiently for the results of investigations into the multibillion-peso flood control controversy, stating that investigators are conducting a thorough job. A government official's statement noted that findings have been submitted to the Ombudsman and Department of Justice. This comes after calls for accountability from the Iglesia ni Cristo regarding corruption allegations.

The Sandiganbayan has acquitted former Isabela State University president Aleth Misola Mamauag of graft charges related to the 2012 purchase of a property in Fairview, Quezon City. The court stated that prosecutors failed to prove bad faith or negligence on her part. The decision was issued on March 12, 2026.

terça-feira, 28 de abril de 2026, 11:29h

Zamboanga BIR employee found guilty of money laundering

sábado, 25 de abril de 2026, 16:39h

Remulla: No inhibition in Romualdez flood control case

sexta-feira, 24 de abril de 2026, 08:49h

Romualdez seeks Ombudsman's inhibition in flood control probe

quarta-feira, 22 de abril de 2026, 18:02h

AMLC files 12 civil forfeiture cases on flood control anomalies

segunda-feira, 20 de abril de 2026, 12:09h

Zaldy Co to be handed first to CIDG before Sandiganbayan

quarta-feira, 25 de março de 2026, 23:01h

AMLC executive steps aside amid flood control probe

sexta-feira, 20 de março de 2026, 02:18h

ICC probes Naujan flood control project amid mayor's claims

quinta-feira, 19 de março de 2026, 07:35h

Agriculture secretary files cyberlibel cases against Co and Baligod

quinta-feira, 19 de março de 2026, 05:58h

Alcantara to testify against Co in malversation case

quarta-feira, 18 de março de 2026, 14:40h

Three flood control cases transferred to Quezon City RTC

Este site usa cookies

Usamos cookies para análise para melhorar nosso site. Leia nossa política de privacidade para mais informações.
Recusar