Ancelotti respects critics after Romario and Ronaldo question Neymar snub

Brazil coach Carlo Ancelotti defended his decision to omit Neymar from the latest national team squad, saying he respects everyone's opinion. The move has drawn sharp criticism from former Brazil strikers Romario and Ronaldo, who argue the 34-year-old's talent is too valuable to waste ahead of the World Cup. Ancelotti cited fitness concerns for leaving out the country's record goalscorer.

Brazil coach Carlo Ancelotti faced questions on Tuesday about excluding Neymar from the squad for upcoming friendlies against France on Thursday and Croatia next week. The 34-year-old Santos striker, Brazil's record goalscorer, has not featured for the national team since October 2023, when he suffered a torn ACL and meniscus in his left knee. Ongoing fitness issues prompted Ancelotti's decision, placing Neymar's World Cup hopes in doubt ahead of the final squad announcement on May 18 for the tournament in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Neymar expressed his 'upset and sadness' last week over the omission but pledged to keep fighting for a spot. Ancelotti responded calmly: 'I observe and hear everything that is said about Neymar. It’s normal. Everyone can have an opinion on football. There is no clear science. I have to respect everyone’s opinion.' The choice has sparked backlash from Brazil legends. Romario, now a politician in Rio de Janeiro, insisted: 'A star player has to play. The national team is the place for the best and most talented players. Preparation for the World Cup lasts a month and that’s sufficient time for an athlete to recover... It is better to have a star player like Neymar, even when he is not at 100 per cent, than to call up any other player. Talent must not be wasted... Pay attention Carlo Ancelotti.' Ronaldo echoed the sentiment, stating: 'If Neymar is physically fit, I would take him to the World Cup. Perhaps he will not play every match, but he is a player who has already proven his worth everywhere he has been.' Ancelotti, formerly of Real Madrid, continues to prioritize fitness as Brazil prepares for the global showpiece.

Makala yanayohusiana

Carlo Ancelotti announces Brazil's 26-player squad with eight newcomers for friendlies, omitting Neymar.
Picha iliyoundwa na AI

Ancelotti names 26-man Brazil squad with eight newcomers for friendlies, omits Neymar

Imeripotiwa na AI Picha iliyoundwa na AI

Carlo Ancelotti announced Brazil's 26-man squad for March friendlies against France and Croatia, calling up eight uncapped players amid injuries to key stars. Neymar was omitted due to incomplete fitness but remains a potential 2026 World Cup pick. The matches offer final testing before the May 18 roster reveal.

Neymar has stated he is not giving up on making Brazil's 2026 World Cup squad this summer, despite his exclusion from Carlo Ancelotti's squad for upcoming friendlies against France and Croatia. The 34-year-old Santos forward expressed frustration but vowed to stay focused on training and matches, with the coach citing fitness concerns.

Imeripotiwa na AI

Carlo Ancelotti said Neymar's call-up to the 2026 World Cup will depend on his physical condition and recent form. The Brazil coach spoke to Reuters on Tuesday.

Brazil's national team faces Croatia on Tuesday (31) in Orlando, USA, in the last friendly before the 2026 World Cup final squad announcement. The match comes amid several injuries, forcing lineup changes under coach Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian said he has a clear idea of the starting XI despite the setbacks.

Imeripotiwa na AI

Brazilian star Neymar, fresh off a recent return to action with Santos following knee surgery, has hinted at possibly retiring by December 2026 amid ongoing injury issues, though he remains optimistic about Brazil's 2026 FIFA World Cup. The 34-year-old, who extended his Santos contract through 2026 in January, says he is taking his career day by day.

Cafu, Brazil's pentacampeonato captain, stated in Madrid on Monday (20th) that Brazil is ready to win the 2026 World Cup, 24 years after the last title. He praised coach Carlo Ancelotti and predicted stellar performances from Endrick and Vinícius Júnior at the tournament in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The comments came while serving as ambassador for the Laureus Awards.

Imeripotiwa na AI

Real Madrid coach Alvaro Arbeloa defended his choice of Trent Alexander-Arnold over Dani Carvajal in recent matches, describing media questions as unfair. He also brushed off Kylian Mbappe's apparent support for Jose Mourinho on Instagram. The comments came after a 2-1 La Liga win over Alaves.

Jumanne, 19. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 08:59:22

Ancelotti calls up Neymar and seven domestic players for World Cup

Jumanne, 19. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 06:27:19

Ancelotti video call clarifies Neymar's role ahead of 2026 World Cup

Jumatatu, 18. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 10:24:50

Ancelotti announces Brazil squad for 2026 World Cup

Jumapili, 17. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 20:34:38

Neymar speaks about World Cup dream while awaiting Ancelotti

Alhamisi, 14. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 21:10:11

Ancelotti extends Brazil stay until 2030

Jumatatu, 11. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 15:34:48

Ancelotti confirms Vini Jr. and Danilo for 2026 World Cup

Ijumaa, 24. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 18:50:09

Panini confirms World Cup album without Neymar in Brazil squad

Alhamisi, 16. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 09:12:01

Neymar plans to fulfill Santos contract amid MLS speculation

Alhamisi, 26. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 06:50:03

Brazil loses 2-1 to France in US friendly

Jumatano, 18. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 18:47:00

Santos names Neymar starter against Inter

 

 

 

Tovuti hii inatumia vidakuzi

Tunatumia vidakuzi kwa uchambuzi ili kuboresha tovuti yetu. Soma sera ya faragha yetu kwa maelezo zaidi.
Kataa