Trump salutes six fallen soldiers at Dover dignified transfer

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump attended a dignified transfer ceremony at Dover Air Force Base on Saturday to honor six U.S. soldiers killed in a drone attack during the early days of the war with Iran. The soldiers, part of the U.S. Army Reserve's 103rd Sustainment Command, died on March 1 when an Iranian drone struck a command center in Port Shuaiba. Trump described the event as one of his most solemn duties as commander in chief.

The ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware marked the return of the remains of the six service members to U.S. soil. Trump stood silently and saluted as each flag-draped transfer case was carried from a military aircraft and placed into vehicles for transport to the mortuary facility, where they will be identified and prepared for burial. The families of the fallen soldiers were present, and the event lasted about 30 minutes.

The soldiers were identified as Major Jeffery O’Brien, 45, of Indianola, Iowa; Captain Cody Khork, 35, of Lakeland, Florida; Sergeant First Class Nicole Amor, 39, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota; Sergeant First Class Noah Tietjens, 42, of Bellevue, Nebraska; Sergeant Declan Coady, 20, of Des Moines, Iowa; and Chief Warrant Officer Three Robert Marzan, 54, of Sacramento, California. They belonged to the 103rd Sustainment Command, which provides logistical support such as food, fuel, water, ammunition, and transportation for military operations.

Earlier that day, speaking at a summit of Latin American leaders in Miami, Trump called the soldiers heroes. “They’re coming home in a different manner than they thought they’d be coming home,” he said, describing the deaths as “a very sad situation” and pledging to keep American war casualties “to a minimum.”

Vice President JD Vance and his wife attended, along with top officials including Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Attorney General Pam Bondi, White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, and Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard. Governors and members of Congress from Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Florida also paid tribute.

Secretary Hegseth stated the nation would honor the troops’ sacrifice and mission. Sen. Joni Ernst, an Army combat veteran, said, “These soldiers engaged in the most noble mission: protecting their fellow Americans and keeping our homeland secure.”

The deaths were among the first American casualties in the war, which began after U.S. and Israeli forces launched a military campaign against Iran. The service members were supporting Operation Epic Fury when the drone struck.

Trump has attended multiple dignified transfers during his first term, once calling the ritual and writing letters to families “the hardest thing I have to do” as president. Family members described the soldiers as devoted and proud servants. Sergeant Amor’s husband noted she was due home to their two children soon after the attack. Coady’s father said his son “loved being a soldier,” while relatives of O’Brien and Marzan remembered them as dedicated family men and leaders.

As the cases were carried one by one, Trump saluted each, honoring the six whose service ended on the battlefield.

相关文章

Dramatic illustration of US special forces rescuing F-15E crew from downed jet in Iranian mountains amid Iranian bounty hunt.
AI 生成的图像

特朗普称赞美国对伊朗境内被击落F-15E机组人员的“大胆”营救行动,伊朗悬赏捉拿机组人员,中国专家评价其防空能力

由 AI 报道 AI 生成的图像

前总统唐纳德·特朗普称赞美军从伊斯法罕附近被伊朗防空系统击落的F-15E战斗机中救出两名机组人员的行动是历史上“最胆大的”行动之一。飞行员在坠机后不久即获救,而受伤的武器系统官——一名上校——在山区利用生存训练躲避搜捕近48小时后获救。伊朗曾悬赏捉拿机组人员,中国专家指出,此次击落事件提升了德黑兰的士气及其防空实力。

President Donald Trump awarded six of the nation's top honors during his State of the Union address on Tuesday, saluting military heroes and an athlete. The recognitions included Medals of Honor for acts of valor in combat and rescue operations, as well as civilian excellence in sports. These awards highlighted stories of bravery from recent conflicts and historical battles.

由 AI 报道

Virginia Delegate Wren Williams urged President Trump to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Old Dominion University ROTC cadets who neutralized the March 12 shooter, Mohamed Bailor Jalloh, and to posthumously honor slain instructor Lt. Col. Brandon Shah, in a Daily Wire column.

President Prabowo Subianto condemned the attack that killed three TNI soldiers on a UNIFIL mission in Lebanon and paid respects to their remains upon arrival at Soekarno-Hatta Airport on April 4, 2026. The government demanded UN security guarantees amid ongoing concerns for troop safety.

由 AI 报道

A U.S. F-15 fighter jet went down in Iran and a second Air Force plane crashed near the Strait of Hormuz on Friday, according to a U.S. official. Iran launched drone and missile attacks on Gulf refineries, igniting fires at Kuwait's largest facility. The incidents cap a fifth week of intensified U.S.-Israeli strikes against Iran.

Following initial US-Israeli strikes on February 28 that killed Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, President Trump warned of continued bombing until regime change, while Democrats push a War Powers Resolution demanding congressional approval amid polls showing divided support.

由 AI 报道

The remains of three Indonesian soldiers killed in the UNIFIL mission in Lebanon arrived at Soekarno-Hatta Airport on Saturday afternoon. They died on March 29-30 from attacks in southern Lebanon, followed by injuries to three others on April 3. The government held a welcoming ceremony as a final tribute.

 

 

 

此网站使用 cookie

我们使用 cookie 进行分析以改进我们的网站。阅读我们的 隐私政策 以获取更多信息。
拒绝