Comelec urges voters to register by May 18 deadline

The Commission on Elections has called on eligible voters to complete their registration by Monday, May 18, ahead of the 2026 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections.

Comelec Chairman George Erwin Garcia stated that the deadline is on Monday and there will be no extension. He reminded citizens that new registrations, transfers, reactivations and updates to voter details must be finished by May 18.

The poll body said it is prepared to assist persons with disabilities, senior citizens, indigenous peoples and other vulnerable groups during the process. Applicants can register at satellite offices, mall sites or the local election officer’s office.

Latest figures show 4,740,551 applications have been filed so far. The Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections are scheduled for November 2.

Relaterade artiklar

Illustration of candidate registration for South Korea's June 3 local elections in a government office with people, flags, and media present.
Bild genererad av AI

Candidate registration opens for June 3 local elections

Rapporterad av AI Bild genererad av AI

Candidate registration opened Thursday for South Korea's June 3 local elections and parliamentary by-elections, seen as a key test of public sentiment toward President Lee Jae Myung's first year in office.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is launching its Special Register Anywhere/Anytime Program at select locations in Manila this February to facilitate voter registration for the upcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections. The initiative forms part of the poll body's nationwide drive. It enables applicants to register or update records at convenient sites.

Rapporterad av AI

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) announced the suspension of overseas voter registration in Israel until March 7, 2026, and in Iran until further notice, amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

Following the March 28 announcement of the Enhanced Continuous Voter Registration (ECVR), Kenya's IEBC has outlined county-specific targets totaling over 5.8 million potential new voters—primarily youth—in its 30-day drive from March 30 to April 28. This builds on the initial 2.5 million registration goal, aligning with the revived 'Niko Kadi' youth campaign. Nairobi leads with 310,486 targets.

Rapporterad av AI

South Africa's Electoral Commission (IEC) says it will double efforts to register voters for the 2026 local government elections on 4 November. Deputy Chief Electoral Officer Masego Sheburi says the election campaign will launch later this month. The campaign aims to rekindle belief in democracy and motivate disillusioned voters.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has declared March 14, 2026, a special non-working holiday across all barangays in Antipolo's 2nd District to enable voter participation in the special congressional election. Six candidates are vying for the House seat vacated by the late Romeo Acop. The Commission on Elections will conduct the vote manually.

Rapporterad av AI

A senior official in West Bengal's Chief Electoral Officer's office stated that the second supplementary voter list under the SIR process is likely to be published by March 27 or 28. Around 36 lakh voter entries from the pending list have been disposed of so far.

 

 

 

Denna webbplats använder cookies

Vi använder cookies för analys för att förbättra vår webbplats. Läs vår integritetspolicy för mer information.
Avböj