Dramatic illustration of AMLC agents seizing P13 billion in assets amid the Philippine flood control scandal, with flooded streets and presidential orders in the background.
Dramatic illustration of AMLC agents seizing P13 billion in assets amid the Philippine flood control scandal, with flooded streets and presidential orders in the background.
AIによって生成された画像

Amlc freezes p13 billion in assets linked to flood control scandal

AIによって生成された画像

The Anti-Money Laundering Council has frozen assets worth P13 billion linked to the flood control scandal, with the amount expected to rise as investigations continue. Justice Undersecretary Jojo Cadiz resigned amid allegations of involvement in the anomalies, while President Marcos ordered the DILG and PNP to track down Sarah Discaya and others connected to a P100-million ghost project.

On December 4, 2025, the Court of Appeals issued a freeze order against a private construction company with the most 'ghost' flood-control projects, according to the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC). This covers 280 bank accounts, 22 insurance policies, three securities accounts, and eight air assets. It relates to potential violations of Republic Act 3019 and malversation under Article 217 of the Revised Penal Code. So far, the AMLC has frozen 4,679 bank accounts, 283 insurance policies, 255 motor vehicles, 178 real properties, 16 e-wallet accounts, and three securities accounts. 'The filing of this petition for a freeze order underscores the AMLC’s firm commitment to recover every peso of public funds that may have been misused,' said AMLC executive director Matthew David.

Meanwhile, Justice Undersecretary Jojo Cadiz resigned amid allegations of receiving kickbacks from flood control projects, as claimed by resigned Ako Bicol representative Zaldy Co. Cadiz has ties to a construction company incorporated in 2023 through his 19-year-old son, based on SEC documents. 'As of the moment we have not talked about that. But if there’s a need for investigation on that issue, let the investigation be done,' said Presidential Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro. The Ombudsman will probe his involvement, according to Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano.

President Marcos ordered the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and Philippine National Police (PNP) to locate Sarah Discaya and other respondents linked to a P100-million ghost flood control project in Davao Occidental from 2022. The project, awarded to St. Timothy Construction Corporation, was never started despite being paid as completed. 'Based on the investigation, this project was supposedly completed in 2022 but was never started,' Marcos said. The Ombudsman recommended charges for malversation through falsification and RA 3019 against Discaya, Maria Roma Angeline Remando, and DPWH officials. The PNP is ready to arrest them upon warrant issuance, per Acting PNP chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. and Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla.

Additionally, the Pasig local government closed nine construction firms tied to Sarah and Curlee Discaya for unpaid taxes and lack of permits. Three former DPWH engineers—Henry Alcantara, Brice Hernandez, and Jaypee Mendoza—will face jail before Christmas, according to Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon.

人々が言っていること

X discussions primarily consist of news outlets reporting the AMLC's freeze of P13 billion in assets linked to the flood control scandal, DOJ Undersecretary Jojo Cadiz's resignation amid allegations, and President Marcos' order for DILG and PNP to track Sarah Discaya over a ghost project. Reactions include calls for accountability, criticism of implicated officials like Cadiz and connections to broader corruption involving figures such as Chiz Escudero, with neutral updates dominating high-engagement posts from journalists.

関連記事

Ombudsman Remulla firmly announces no recusal from Romualdez flood control scandal probe, with asset freezes and travel bans highlighted.
AIによって生成された画像

Remulla: No inhibition in Romualdez flood control case

AIによるレポート AIによって生成された画像

Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla insisted he will not inhibit from the probe linking former House Speaker Martin Romualdez to the flood control scandal. He confirmed a Court of Appeals freeze order on Romualdez's assets and warned of more cases to come. Hold departure orders were also sought against former Senate President Francis Escudero and businessman Maynard Ngu.

The Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) has filed 12 civil forfeiture petitions with the Regional Trial Court over alleged anomalies in flood control projects. This marks a sharp increase from the initial three cases disclosed last month, with the court issuing 11 provisional asset preservation orders. The AMLC plans to file more petitions in the coming days.

AIによるレポート

Anti-Money Laundering Council executive director Matthew David has requested a transfer within the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Arnold Kabanlit was designated as acting director to ensure leadership continuity. The move comes amid a major probe into corruption in flood control projects.

The Sandiganbayan Fifth Division has issued a writ of preliminary attachment against 16 properties of former lawmaker Zaldy Co to secure over P215 million in potential civil liabilities from alleged graft and malversation in a flood control project in Naujan, Oriental Mindoro. The decision was promulgated on March 4, 2026, and made public on March 9. Co faces the charges and has been declared a fugitive after leaving the Philippines before the Ombudsman filed the case in November 2025.

AIによるレポート

Manila 3rd District Rep. Joel Chua said Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) official records raise serious questions about Vice President Sara Duterte's true financial standing. He described her as a billionaire based on these government documents previously beyond public scrutiny. Chua questioned the sources of these funds and their regular receipt.

このウェブサイトはCookieを使用します

サイトを改善するための分析にCookieを使用します。詳細については、プライバシーポリシーをお読みください。
拒否