Santos mayor announces temporary leave to treat cancer

Rogério Santos, mayor of Santos, said he will temporarily step down to treat an early-stage cervical cancer. The vice mayor will take over on an interim basis.

The announcement came in a video posted on social media on Monday. Santos, aged 60, said he will follow medical advice and keep monitoring city work from afar.

He was first elected in 2020 and reelected in 2024 for a term until 2028. Vice Mayor Audrey Kleys will lead on an interim basis.

The leave will be formally published in the official gazette on Tuesday.

مقالات ذات صلة

Illustration of SernamEG director Priscilla Carrasco holding medical leave documents outside La Moneda palace, symbolizing the suspension of her removal process due to cancer treatment.
صورة مولدة بواسطة الذكاء الاصطناعي

Government suspends SernamEG director's removal process amid her medical leave for cancer treatment

من إعداد الذكاء الاصطناعي صورة مولدة بواسطة الذكاء الاصطناعي

Following the initial request for her involuntary resignation last week, Chile's government has paused the removal of Priscilla Carrasco, national director of SernamEG, after she submitted medical leave for triple negative breast cancer treatment. The move, backed by President José Antonio Kast but criticized for lacking empathy, highlights tensions in the new administration.

Governor Cláudio Castro (PL) resigned from Rio de Janeiro's government on March 23, one day before the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) resumes a trial that could deem him ineligible for abuse of power. He said he leaves 'with his head held high' to run for Senate and highlighted his administration's achievements. Tribunal de Justiça president Ricardo Couto takes over interim, paving way for indirect election by Alerj.

من إعداد الذكاء الاصطناعي

Luís Eduardo Falcão, mayor of Patos de Minas from the Republicanos party, resigned on Thursday (April 2), one day before the electoral incompatibility deadline. He also stepped down from the presidency of the Associação Mineira de Municípios (AMM). Vice-mayor Sandra Cristina Gomes will take over the municipal executive.

As Chile's government confirms it will remove SernamEG director Priscilla Carrasco after her triple negative breast cancer treatment, UDI vice president María José Hoffmann criticizes the process as poorly managed and lacking empathy, amid ongoing Senate scrutiny.

من إعداد الذكاء الاصطناعي

Brazil's Superior Electoral Court (TSE) must rule if Cláudio Castro's resignation was a maneuver to dodge cassation and indirect election in the state assembly. Former deputy Marcelo Freixo and a coalition appealed to annul the ex-governor's diploma. This could lead to a direct popular vote for his successor in Rio de Janeiro.

Amazonas Governor Wilson Lima (União) resigned on the night of Saturday, April 4, as per an extra edition of the Official Gazette. The move comes on the final deadline for officials to step down to run for new positions in upcoming elections. He had previously stated he would complete his term.

من إعداد الذكاء الاصطناعي

The appointment of Jeannette Vega as deputy medical director at Claudio Vicuña Hospital in San Antonio sparked tensions with health authorities, who requested the resignation of director Loreto Maturana to remove her. However, the designated interim director, Ximena Parada, and other executives refused to take over, stating that health has no political color. The incident leaves the Health Service without an immediate line of succession.

 

 

 

يستخدم هذا الموقع ملفات تعريف الارتباط

نستخدم ملفات تعريف الارتباط للتحليلات لتحسين موقعنا. اقرأ سياسة الخصوصية الخاصة بنا سياسة الخصوصية لمزيد من المعلومات.
رفض