필리핀, 중동 위기 속 원유 공급원 다변화 모색

페르디난드 마르코스 주니어 대통령은 걸프 전쟁으로 인한 유가 폭등에도 불구하고 필리핀의 석유 공급은 충분하다고 안심시켰습니다. 마리아 테레사 라자로 외교부 장관은 이란 측 카운터파트와 협의하여 호르무즈 해협을 통과하는 필리핀 선박과 선원들의 안전을 확보했습니다. 또한 필리핀은 미국의 제재 면제 조치를 통해 러시아산 원유 70만 배럴을 도입했습니다.

미국과 이스라엘의 이란 '선제 타격' 이후 한 달이 지난 시점에서, 원유 대부분을 중동에 의존해 온 필리핀에 전 세계적인 유가 위기가 닥쳤습니다. 전 세계 원유의 5분의 1이 통과하는 호르무즈 해협은 현재 이란의 통제하에 있으며, 비적대국 선박에 한해 제한적인 통행만을 허용하고 있습니다.

2026년 3월 말 연설에서 페르디난드 마르코스 주니어 대통령은 "우리는 충분한 공급 물량을 확보하고 있다고 확신합니다. 앞으로도 공급원을 지속적으로 확보할 것이며, 문제될 것은 없다고 봅니다. 우리 분석에 따르면 석유 및 석유 제품 공급에는 문제가 없습니다"라고 밝혔습니다. 정부 소식통들은 현 행정부가 공급 부족보다 가격 급등을 더 우려하고 있으며, 피해 부문에 대한 지원을 제공하고 있다고 전했습니다.

러시아가 초기 대안으로 떠올랐습니다. 3월이 끝나기 전, 도널드 트럼프 미국 대통령이 해상에 고립된 원유에 대해 내린 한 달간의 제재 면제 조치 덕분에 페트론(Petron)사로 향하는 7만 배럴 규모의 원유 선적이 완료되었습니다. 이 조치는 연장되지 않는 한 4월 중순까지 유효합니다. 지난 3월 25일 라자로 장관은 러시아산 원유 수출에 대한 제재 해제를 요청하기 위해 노력하고 있다고 언급했습니다.

호세 마누엘 로무알데스 주미 필리핀 대사를 포함한 필리핀 대사들은 러시아나 이란과 같이 미국의 제재를 받는 국가로부터의 원유 도입을 위해 제재 면제를 추진하고 있습니다. 미국, 캐나다, 중국 등 주요 산유국들에 대한 접촉도 계속되고 있으며, 미국으로부터는 간접적인 지원이 있을 것으로 예상됩니다.

관련 기사

Motorists queue at a Metro Manila gas station with elevated fuel prices despite Strait of Hormuz safe passage assurances amid Iran war effects.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Fuel prices stay high in Metro Manila despite Hormuz safe passage assurances

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Despite Philippine officials securing safe passage assurances through the Strait of Hormuz from Tehran, fuel prices in Metro Manila remained elevated on April 4 amid lingering effects of the Iran war—following President Marcos' March 24 national energy emergency declaration.

The Philippines has approached Russia for possible oil imports amid global supply disruptions, Energy Secretary Sharon Garin said. Fuel inventories are sufficient until April, with talks ongoing with other exporters. The move responds to surging prices from Middle East tensions.

AI에 의해 보고됨

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said on Friday that the Philippines has sufficient crude oil supply until the end of June, thanks to shipments by Petron Corporation. The assurance comes amid concerns over global supply disruptions from the Middle East conflict. He outlined government measures to mitigate the impact.

Presidential chief of staff Kang Hoon-sik announced that South Korea has secured 273 million barrels of crude oil and 2.1 million tons of naphtha by year-end from four nations: Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kazakhstan. The volumes equate to more than three months of oil and one month of naphtha based on last year's consumption. The supplies will be shipped via alternative routes avoiding the blockaded Strait of Hormuz.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Escalation of conflict between Iran, the United States, and Israel has led Iran to order the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, halting tanker traffic and driving global oil prices above US$80 per barrel. The effects extend to Europe, which is now reconsidering plans to end Russian gas imports, while Indonesia pushes for de-escalation via the D-8 organization and assures stable fuel supplies.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said grounding airplanes is a distinct possibility amid soaring oil prices caused by the Iran-Israel war. In an exclusive Bloomberg interview, he cited scarcity of crude oil supplies and longer refining times. Inflation in the Philippines is expected to rise due to the ongoing fuel crisis.

AI에 의해 보고됨

South Africa faces acute fuel supply disruptions from the Middle East conflict and Strait of Hormuz closure, despite government assurances of no crisis. Local shortages have emerged, while price increases loom for April. Agricultural harvests risk lower yields due to diesel limits.

 

 

 

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부