Uganda confirms first Ebola case as 80 deaths reported in DRC

Uganda has confirmed one case of Ebola while an ongoing outbreak in the DRC has claimed 80 lives. The patient was a Congolese man who died in a Kampala hospital.

Uganda has confirmed one case of Ebola. The patient was a man of Congolese origin who entered the country and later died in a hospital in Kampala after testing positive for the Bundibugyo strain.

Uganda's health ministry said contact tracing has begun to prevent further infections. The outbreak continues in Ituri province in eastern DRC and has affected areas including Mongwalu and Rwampara, which are known for gold mining.

Uganda has strengthened security at its borders with the DRC. The Africa CDC is preparing emergency meetings with the governments of DRC, Uganda and South Sudan to boost border surveillance and health supplies. WHO says Ebola has a fatality rate of up to 50 percent.

Artículos relacionados

Rural Brazilian countryside scene with a farmer and health worker highlighting the hantavirus threat.
Imagen generada por IA

Hantavirus kills nearly half of those infected in Brazil

Reportado por IA Imagen generada por IA

Brazil recorded seven cases of hantavirus infection in 2026 through April, with one death. The disease, endemic in rural areas, maintains a fatality rate of around 40%.

The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency over an outbreak of the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda. The move comes as researchers urge faster development of vaccines for lesser-known Ebola strains.

Reportado por IA

The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. South African health officials say the risk of spread to the country remains low but stress the need for continued vigilance.

The Ministry of Health has issued a public health advisory following a hantavirus outbreak linked to the cruise ship MV Hondius. The World Health Organisation confirmed eight cases and three deaths among passengers and crew as of May 7. No cases have been reported in Kenya and the risk to the public remains low.

Reportado por IA

The World Health Organization has confirmed five cases and three deaths from hantavirus aboard the cruise ship MV Hondius, while stressing that the virus’s limited transmission route makes a wider outbreak unlikely.

The Department of Health has recorded 14,907 dengue cases as of February 14, which is 70 percent lower than the same period last year. Officials credit the decline to stronger prevention measures, early consultation, surveillance, and clinical management. They remind the public to stay vigilant as cases could rise.

Reportado por IA

Egypt's Health Ministry announced the country remains malaria-free for a second consecutive year on World Malaria Day. Officials emphasized ongoing surveillance and prevention efforts amid climate challenges.

Este sitio web utiliza cookies

Utilizamos cookies para análisis con el fin de mejorar nuestro sitio. Lee nuestra política de privacidad para más información.
Rechazar