Teen seeks 30 000 kronor in compensation after wrongful detention in Borlänge

A teenager in Borlänge who was detained in April over a school threat later found to be a rumor is now seeking unusually high compensation from the state.

On 22 April more than 20 schools in Borlänge closed after reports of a serious threat. A teenage boy was arrested and suspected of gross illegal threat but was released less than two days later when the suspicions were dropped.

Prosecutor Joel Henning stated that the information was based on misinterpretations and incorrect rumor spreading. The boy is therefore innocent, he said.

Lawyer Gökhan Kizil has now turned to the Chancellor of Justice and is demanding 30 000 kronor in compensation. He believes the claim is reasonable given that the boy is young, was publicly identified and proved completely innocent. It is up to the Chancellor of Justice to decide whether compensation will be paid.

Verwandte Artikel

Illustration of boy cleared in Borlänge school threat hoax, prosecutor drops case as schools reopen.
Bild generiert von KI

Boy cleared after school threat in Borlänge

Von KI berichtet Bild generiert von KI

A boy arrested on suspicion of gross unlawful threat in Borlänge has been fully cleared. Prosecutor Joel Henning is dropping the investigation, stating the threat stemmed from misinterpretations and rumor spreading. Over 20 schools closed on Wednesday as a precaution.

A prosecutor has opened an investigation into false alarm after rumors of threats led to the closure of around 20 schools in Borlänge on April 22. A boy previously suspected is innocent, the prosecutor said.

Von KI berichtet

Around 20 schools in Borlänge closed on Wednesday after a threat against school operations. Police detained a teenager, previously reported missing, suspected of aggravated unlawful threat against a group. The threat has been neutralized and most schools will reopen on Thursday.

A teacher in Skellefteå municipality has been convicted of sexual molestation against a 12-year-old pupil. The district court issued the ruling on 22 May 2026.

Von KI berichtet

Linköping municipality is demanding SEK 157.5 million in compensation from the state after the government's decision to scrap plans for a new railway station in the city. The amount covers planning costs for Ostlänken since 2013. Municipal councilor Stefan Erikson (M) criticizes the state for damaging trust.

Following the Borlänge school threats that closed over 20 schools on Wednesday and led to a teenager's detention, all schools except Kunskapsskolan reopened Thursday. The independent school, which received a new threat email, stayed closed as a precaution but will reopen Friday after police traced the email and deemed it unserious.

Von KI berichtet

The appeals court has ruled in favor of 68-year-old Bengt Stage in a dispute over a 600-kronor parking fine from Malmö city. He had overpaid by 41 kronor yet was initially convicted in the lower court.

 

 

 

Diese Website verwendet Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies für Analysen, um unsere Website zu verbessern. Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie für weitere Informationen.
Ablehnen