South Korean and US military officers shaking hands symbolizing the transfer of wartime operational control.
South Korean and US military officers shaking hands symbolizing the transfer of wartime operational control.
AIによって生成された画像

韓国、戦時作戦統制権の移管を早ければ来年にも目指す

AIによって生成された画像

韓国政府が米国から戦時作戦統制権(OPCON)を返還するための最終検証段階を約1年で完了できると判断しており、早ければ来年中にも移管が可能になる可能性があることが情報筋の話で明らかになった。

韓国と米国は、ソウルが連合軍を指揮する能力を検証するための3段階の評価枠組みに基づき、OPCON移管に向けた作業を進めている。現在は完全運用能力(FOC)を検証する第2段階にあり、年内にこれを完了し、目標年を発表する予定である。

国防省の関係者は水曜日、記者団に対し、今年のFOC検証中に目標年が決定されれば、直ちに完全任務遂行能力(FMC)の段階に移行し、その完了をもって移管の最終段階に入ると説明した。

ただ、実現の可能性は依然として不透明だ。米国側はより慎重な姿勢をとっているとみられ、ワシントンとの緊密な調整が必要となるためである。両国は、今年の安全保障協議委員会(SCM)の開催前に、移行を加速させるためのロードマップを策定する計画である。

先週行われた高官協議の場において、韓国側は非武装地帯(DMZ)の一部区間における民間人の立ち入り管理権確保に向けた取り組みについても説明を行った。

人々が言っていること

X(旧Twitter)での初期の反応では、韓国が来年までにOPCON移管の検証を完了できるとする見通しについて楽観的な声が上がっている。メディアは、移管のスケジュールに関してソウルとワシントンの間で緊密な連携がとられており、協議において大きな隔たりはないと報じている。

関連記事

Gen. Xavier Brunson announces US-South Korea OPCON transfer roadmap targeting early 2029, with allied flags and soldiers.
AIによって生成された画像

South Korea, US aim to meet OPCON transfer conditions by early 2029

AIによるレポート AIによって生成された画像

U.S. Forces Korea Commander Gen. Xavier Brunson said Wednesday that a roadmap has been delivered to the Pentagon to meet wartime operational control (OPCON) transfer conditions no later than the second quarter of fiscal year 2029. This targets January to March 2029 as the allies pursue a conditions-based transition. Brunson stressed the need to satisfy all conditions.

South Korea and the United States have agreed to strengthen cooperation in areas of mutual security interest, including the transfer of wartime operational control and alliance modernization.

AIによるレポート

Defense Minister Ahn Gyu-back will visit the United States next week to meet U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. The allies plan to discuss wartime operational control transfer and other pending security issues.

South Korean Vice Foreign Minister for Strategy and Intelligence Jeong Yeon-doo said Seoul and Washington are working toward "normalization" of intelligence sharing after a meeting in Washington. The efforts follow US reports of partially curbing access over Unification Minister Chung Dong-young's mention of a North Korean uranium site in Kusong. Seoul insists the information was open-source.

AIによるレポート

South Korean Defence Minister Ahn Gyu-back lodged a complaint immediately with the US Forces Korea commander after receiving a report of the standoff last week. The incident involved around 10 US F-16 fighters taking off from Osan Air Base and flying west over the Yellow Sea toward China's air defence identification zone, prompting Beijing to scramble its own jets in a brief face-off. South Korean media highlight this as underscoring Seoul's growing difficulty in balancing ties with security ally the US and top trading partner China.

このウェブサイトはCookieを使用します

サイトを改善するための分析にCookieを使用します。詳細については、プライバシーポリシーをお読みください。
拒否