대법원, 학생 살해 교사 무기징역 선고 확정

대법원은 2일 대전의 한 초등학교에서 작년 학생을 살해한 혐의로 기소된 교사 명재완에게 무기징역을 선고한 원심을 확정했다. 법원은 범행이 사전에 치밀하게 계획됐다는 점을 들어 정신 장애 주장을 배척했다. 검찰은 사형을 구형했으나 법원은 전자발찌 30년 착용 명령도 유지했다.

대법원은 4월 2일 명재완(49)에게 무기징역을 선고한 하급심 판결을 확정했다. 명 교사는 작년 2월 10일 대전의 초등학교에서 피해자 김하늘(당시 7세)을 교실로 유인한 뒤 미리 준비한 흉기로 찔러 살해한 혐의를 받았다.

법원은 "피고인이 범죄를 사전에 계획하고 범행 후 은폐하려 했으며, 범죄 과정을 상세히 진술한 점을 고려할 때 정신 장애 상태라고 볼 수 없다"고 밝혔다. 또한 "피고인은 초등학교 교사로서 피해자를 보호할 위치에 있었음에도 학교에서 7세 피해자를 살해했으며, 방법이 잔인하고 흉악했다"고 덧붙였다.

명 교사는 범행 며칠 전 학교 컴퓨터를 발로 차서 훼손하고 다른 교사를 폭행한 혐의도 인정받았다. 그녀는 재판에서 범죄를 인정했으나 정신 장애를 주장했다. 검찰은 사형을 구형했으나 1심과 2심은 모두 무기징역과 전자발찌 30년 착용을 선고했다.

명 교사는 작년 4월 대전 교육청으로부터 해고됐다.

관련 기사

Illustration depicting Seoul High Court appeal hearing on ex-First Lady Kim Keon Hee's corruption case, with judges, defendant, and live broadcast elements.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Seoul appeals court set to rule on ex-first lady Kim Keon Hee's corruption charges

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Seoul High Court is set to rule Tuesday at 3 p.m. on corruption charges against former first lady Kim Keon Hee, following a lower court sentence of one year and eight months in prison. Special counsel Min Joong-ki's team seeks a 15-year term for her. The hearing will be broadcast live.

A man fled after fatally stabbing a woman he had dated on a street in Namyangju, near Seoul, on Saturday morning but was apprehended by police. The victim, who was under police protection, was found in cardiac arrest and later died in hospital. The suspect, a convicted ex-offender required to wear an electronic monitoring device, was caught shortly after destroying the device.

AI에 의해 보고됨

The presiding judge in former first lady Kim Keon Hee's appeals trial on corruption charges was found dead near a Seoul court early Wednesday, officials said. Police discovered judge Shin Jong-o's body and are investigating the cause, including the possibility of suicide. This follows the appellate court's decision last month to raise her sentence to four years.

Elysa Ella-Ann Kelemen received a life sentence without parole for the first-degree felony murder of her 6-year-old stepson, Kyron Kelemen, in a Michigan hotel room. The 34-year-old beat the boy to death after he knocked over her laptop in January 2024. Eaton County prosecutors highlighted failures in the child welfare system that allowed the abuse to continue.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Sweden's Supreme Court has swiftly denied a request for a new trial from the man convicted of murdering former policeman Tore Hedman in Mjälga last May. This final ruling upholds the 18-year prison sentence previously confirmed by the court of appeal.

President Lee Jae Myung said Saturday he survived a 2024 knife attack thanks to public support. He vowed to devote himself fully to the country after the civil rights commission overturned an earlier ruling on his medical airlift.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Paris correctional court on Friday convicted five people for cyberharassing Sophie Djigo, a philosophy teacher targeted after planning a school trip to a migrant camp. Sentences reached eight months suspended prison, with sensitization courses.

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부