Gericht weist Antrag von Basson auf Einstellung des Disziplinarverfahrens ab

Das North Gauteng High Court hat den Antrag von Dr. Wouter Basson auf eine dauerhafte Einstellung seines Disziplinarverfahrens durch den Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) abgewiesen. Richterin Irene de Vos erklärte, die Vorwürfe seien schwerwiegend. Basson, ehemaliger Leiter des Programms für chemische und biologische Kriegsführung während der Apartheid-Ära, sieht sich vier Anklagepunkten gegenüber.

Der 75-jährige Kardiologe Dr. Wouter Basson, der eine florierende Privatpraxis in Kapstadt betreibt, sieht sich mit Vorwürfen des HPCSA konfrontiert. Diese betreffen die Produktion von Substanzen wie Mandrax, MDMA und Tränengas im großen Stil, die Bewaffnung von Mörsergranaten mit CR-Gas in Angola, die Herstellung von Substanzen zur Betäubung und Entführung von Kriegsgefangenen in Namibia sowie die Verteilung von Zyankalikapseln an Spezialeinheiten.

Richterin Irene de Vos wies den Antrag von Basson letzte Woche ab und stellte fest, dass die Vorwürfe schwerwiegend seien und „die Waagschale gegen die Gewährung einer dauerhaften Einstellung neigen“.

Die South African Medical Association (Sama) fordert seine Streichung aus dem Berufsregister. „Rechenschaftspflicht in der Medizin unterliegt keinem Verfallsdatum. Medizinische Ethik gilt in allen Kontexten, auch im Militärdienst“, sagte der Vorsitzende Dr. Mzulungile Nodikida.

Basson leitete das 1995 aufgelöste Project Coast. Er wurde 2002 von Richter Willie Hartzenberg in 67 Anklagepunkten freigesprochen, ungeachtet einer Feststellung des HPCSA über Fehlverhalten aus dem Jahr 2014, die er später erfolgreich anfocht.

Verwandte Artikel

Illustration of NPA prosecutors announcing charges in the Life Esidimeni tragedy case, with grieving families present, symbolizing long-awaited accountability.
Bild generiert von KI

NPA to prosecute Life Esidimeni officials after nearly a decade

Von KI berichtet Bild generiert von KI

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has announced criminal prosecutions against individuals implicated in the Life Esidimeni tragedy, where at least 141 mental healthcare users died in 2015 and 2016. The patients had been transferred from licensed facilities to unregistered and ill-equipped NGOs. Families and activists hail the decision as a vital step toward accountability.

Reverend Frank Chikane told the Khampepe commission that authorities failed to pursue leads from plea agreements in apartheid-era cases. He highlighted the 2007 suspended sentences for those who plotted his poisoning and questioned why more was not done.

Von KI berichtet

Geophrey Ledwaba, former head of operations at the Scorpions, testified at the Khampepe Commission of Inquiry that he did not halt investigations into Truth and Reconciliation Commission matters in 2003. He described his actions as a compliance with National Prosecution Authority policy to transfer cases to the Priority Crimes Litigation Unit. The testimony counters claims by victim families of political interference blocking justice.

A veteran advocate has told an inquiry that apartheid-era generals tried to halt investigations into past atrocities by threatening to expose senior ANC figures. The testimony came at the Khampepe Commission examining delays in Truth and Reconciliation Commission prosecutions.

Von KI berichtet

Matipandile Sotheni, a former SAPS Special Task Force member, appeared in Brakpan Magistrate’s Court on charges including the murder of Madlanga Commission witness Marius van der Merwe, known as Witness D. The National Prosecuting Authority opposes bail due to the seriousness of the Schedule 6 offences. Experts express concern over organised crime syndicates recruiting highly trained officers.

North West businessman Brown Mogotsi was arrested shortly after finishing testimony at the Madlanga Commission in Pretoria on Friday. His lawyer confirmed the arrest followed proceedings where Mogotsi’s bid to recuse evidence leader Matthew Chaskalson was dismissed. Police said the arrest relates to defeating the ends of justice.

Von KI berichtet

South Africa's National Police Commissioner Fannie Masemola made his first court appearance in Pretoria on April 21, 2026, facing four charges of contravening the Public Finance Management Act. The charges relate to a R360-million police tender allegedly irregularly awarded to Vusimuzi 'Cat' Matlala's company. The case was postponed to May 13.

 

 

 

Diese Website verwendet Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies für Analysen, um unsere Website zu verbessern. Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie für weitere Informationen.
Ablehnen